An agreement between Taylor & Francis and the VSNU (an association of 14 Dutch research organizations) means that researchers in the Netherlands can publish their articles gold open access at no cost to themselves. Once published, these articles will be available for anyone to read, anywhere.
Articles with corresponding authors based at a Dutch university or university medical center will be automatically published open access free of charge in around 2,300 Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journals.
I’m a corresponding author at an institution in the Netherlands. What do I need to do?
If a paper you’ve submitted to an Open Select journal is accepted for publication after peer review, you will receive an email asking you to choose an open access publishing agreement. Please go ahead and select the Creative Commons license of your choice. You will not need to pay an article publishing charge (APC) to make your article open access.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
The benefits of publishing gold open access with Taylor & Francis include:
- A wide choice of journals to publish in.
- Expert editors and editorial boards.
- Rigorous peer review for every article.
- Immediate access to your article on publication, accessible by anyone, anywhere.
- High visibility and discoverability via Taylor & Francis Online.
- Global marketing and publicity.
- Guaranteed legacy preservation of your article.
Frequently asked questions
Which articles are covered by this agreement?
Are all types of publication included?
Some articles which are not original research papers, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this open access publishing agreement.
Do I have to pay any fees to publish my article?
If your paper has a corresponding author based at a qualifying Dutch institution you don’t need to pay any charges to make your article open access. However, if the journal you are publishing in has separate costs, such as page charges or color charges, these will still apply.
What if I don’t want my article to be published open access?
If you wouldn’t like your article to be published open access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you don’t want your paper to be included in the VSNU OA arrangement.
Which institutions are included in this agreement?
Researchers based at the following centers can benefit from this arrangement:
- Academisch Medisch Centrum
- Academisch Ziekenhuis Maastricht
- Erasmus Medical Center
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
- Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
- Maastricht UMC+
- Open Universiteit Nederland
- Radboud UMC
- Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Technische Universiteit Delft
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- Tilburg University
- UMC Utrecht
- Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen
- Universitair Medisch Centrum Nijmegen (St. Radboud)
- Universiteit Leiden
- Universiteit Maastricht
- Universiteit Twente
- Universiteit Utrecht
- Universiteit van Amsterdam
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- VU Medisch Centrum
- Wageningen UR
Want to find out more about all things open access? Read everything you need to know about publishing open access with Taylor & Francis.