We use cookies to improve your website experience. To learn about our use of cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings, please see our Cookie Policy. By closing this message, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

I am a U.S. Government employee and there is no copyright to transfer. What do I do?

A work of the United States Federal Government is “a work prepared by an officer or employee of the US Government as part of that person’s official duties”. The term only applies to the work of the Federal Government, not state or local governments. In general, such works are not entitled to domestic copyright protection under U.S. Law, sometimes referred to as “non-copyright.” If you are an employee of the U.S. Government you will need to select this option.