If you’ve recently visited Taylor & Francis Online you’ll have noticed we’ve made some significant improvements to the homepage for each journal.
This has been redesigned to make it even easier to get to what you need, whether you’re keeping up to date with the latest research, choosing a journal to submit to, or submitting your paper. Read on to find out which section of the new menu you need at each stage of your publishing journey.
We’ve also optimized the user experience for mobiles, ensuring that the new layout works on all devices: from the smallest mobile and tablet screens through to larger laptop and desktop sizes.
Navigating the new menu
To find out how the new design can help you publish your research, the best place to start is the new horizontal menu. This is available on all journal pages and sticks to the top of your screen as you scroll, so you always have easy access to the information you need.
Finding the latest and most impactful research
The ‘Explore’ menu enables you to browse all the journal’s articles and issues. These sections will keep you up to date and are also very useful when you’re doing your literature review or conducting your research.
- Latest articles: all the papers that have been published online but have not yet been assigned to a volume or issue. Latest articles are citable using the author(s), year of online publication, article title, journal and article DOI
- Special issues: many journals regularly publish issues with articles on a single topic or theme. Use this section to browse all past special issues.
- Open access articles: OA articles are freely and permanently available for anyone to read and build upon. Use this link to find all of the journal’s open access articles in one place.
- Most read articles: updated every 24 hours, this section lists, in order, the articles with the highest cumulative views since publication.
- Most cited articles: updated weekly with CrossRef data, this section counts citations made in the last 3 years to all content published within the journal.
In the ‘Subscribe’ section you can also sign up to new content alerts or RSS feeds, to ensure you’re the first to know when new articles and issues are published.
Choosing a journal to submit to
When you’re looking for the right journal to submit to, ‘About this journal’ has lots of information to help. This includes:
- Aims & scope: This section will give you brief introduction to the journal, along with an outline of the subjects covered, the type of articles published (and what it doesn’t publish) and its peer-review policy. Find out more about using aims & scope pages to choose the best home for your article.
- Journal metrics: This will take you to a dashboard displaying a range of available journal metrics for your chosen journal, including downloads and citation metrics. Many journals also publish details of average review and production speeds and acceptance rates, to help with your journal choice.
- News & calls for papers: Also available in the top-right corner of the desktop homepage, this section features any current calls for papers to special or themed issues.published (and what it doesn’t publish) and its peer-review policy. Find out more about using aims & scope pages to choose the best home for your article.
Also look out for the ‘Associated journals’ section on some homepages which will let you know if the journal you’re interested in is connected to any others. It could be a multi-part journal or be owned by a society that has other journals you may want to consider.
Submitting your research
Once you’ve chosen a journal, the ‘Submit an article’ section of ‘Publish with us’ has the next steps to take and all the information you’ll need to maximize the chances of your article being accepted.
- Instructions for authors: a journal’s instructions for authors will tell you exactly what the editor and reviewers will expect to see in your article and details of specific processes to follow, including word count, formatting, and style guides.
- Editorial policies: please read these policies in full before submitting your article, to ensure you’ve correctly followed all the ethical requirements.
- Editing services: we offer a full range of pre-submission services to help you improve the quality of your manuscript, including English language editing, translation, formatting, and technical review.
- Go to submission site: once you’ve written and prepared your article, following the journal’s policies and instructions for authors, you can click the green button to begin your submission!
For more updates, support, and tips on publishing your research, register for Taylor & Francis Research Insights.