Are you a researcher based in Sweden? You could be eligible to publish gold open access in Taylor & Francis and Routledge journals at no cost to yourself .
Under a centrally funded scheme, corresponding authors based at participating institutes may be eligible to have the article publishing charge (APC) paid on their behalf by the Swedish Bibsam consortium, when publishing gold open access in Taylor & Francis Open Select (hybrid) journals.
How can publishing open access benefit you?
When you publish your article gold open access, it is made freely available online, allowing anyone, anywhere to read your research. This means you can benefit from:
- Increased visibility: No barriers to readership means researchers worldwide can read and cite your research.
- Greater impact: Your research will be accessible to policymakers, practitioners and professionals in your field. Your open access article could be used to inform and develop public policy, be read by the general public, or be picked up by the media.
- More freedom: Publishing under a CC-BY license means you can share your research across your networks, including social media.
- Improved discoverability: Many of our journals are indexed in internationally-recognized citation and abstract databases, including the Journal Citation Report (JCR), Scopus, and PubMed, increasing the likelihood of your work being found and read by your colleagues.
- Robust peer review: All accepted papers will undergo a thorough and robust peer review process, where each manuscript is objectively and constructively evaluated on its scholarly merit and integrity.
All journals included in the agreement display “Publish open access in this journal” under the title on the homepage:
Where are your colleagues choosing to publish?
- Culture, Health & Sexuality (2016 Impact Factor: 1.951)
- Disability and Rehabilitation (2016 Impact Factor: 1.804)
- International Journal of Audiology (2016 Impact Factor: 1.733)
- Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology (2016 Impact Factor: 0.822)
- Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy (2016 Impact Factor: 1.114)
- Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section A — Animal Science (2016 Impact Factor: 0.340)
- Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B — Soil & Plant Science (2016 Impact Factor: 0.651)
- Autophagy (2016 Impact Factor: 8.593)
- Grana (2016 Impact Factor: 1.085)
- RNA Biology (2016 Impact Factor: 3.900)
- Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research (2016 Impact Factor: 1.688)
- Environmental Education Research (2016 Impact Factor: 1.709)
- International Journal of Inclusive Education (2016 Impact Factor: 0.844)
- Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy (2016 Impact Factor: 1.872)
- Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research (2016 Impact Factor: 0.768)
- Sport, Education and Society (2016 Impact Factor: 1.339)
- Acta Odontologica Scandinavica (2016 Impact Factor: 1.232)
- Acta Oncologica (2016 Impact Factor: 3.156)
- Acta Oto-Laryngologica (2016 Impact Factor: 1.116)
- Infectious Diseases (2016 Impact Factor: 2.201)
- International Journal of Radiation Biology (2016 Impact Factor: 1.992)
- Nordic Journal of Psychiatry (2016 Impact Factor: 1.406)
- OncoImmunology (2016 Impact Factor: 7.719)
- Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal (2016 Impact Factor: 1.089)
- Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation (2016 Impact Factor: 1.446)
- Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology (2016 Impact Factor: 2.526)
- Scandinavian Journal of Urology (2016 Impact Factor: 1.513)
- Distinktion: Journal of Social Theory
- Environmental Politics (2016 Impact Factor: 1.922)
- European Planning Studies (2016 Impact Factor: 1.332)
- Forum for Development Studies
- Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography (2016 Impact Factor: 0.811)
- Journal of Risk Research (2016 Impact Factor: 1.340)
- Journal of Scandinavian Studies in Criminology and Crime Prevention
- Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism (2016 Impact Factor: 1.091)
Publishing your open access article
When you submit your paper, you will go through the usual peer-review process used by your chosen journal. If your paper is accepted, and you want to publish your article open access, you should contact your librarian. If funding for your article is approved, you will receive an email asking you to choose a Creative Commons License.
Frequently asked questions
Which articles are covered by this agreement?
To be eligible for funding, the corresponding author will need to be based at a participating institution within the Bibsam consortium (see below), and be publishing a paper in a Taylor & Francis or Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journal. The article will need to be accepted for publication between Jan 1, 2018 and Dec 31, 2018.
If the journal has additional costs, such as page charges or color charges, these fees will still apply and will not be covered by the agreement.
Are all types of publication included?
Some articles which are not original research papers, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this open access publishing agreement.
Which institutes in the Bibsam Consortium are covered by this agreement?
• Blekinge Tekniska Högskola (Blekinge Institute of Technology)
• Chalmers tekniska högskola (Chalmers University of Technology)
• Ersta Skondal Bracke högskola (Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University)
• Folkhälsomyndigheten (Public Health Agency of Sweden)
• Försvarshögskolan (Swedish Defence University)
• Gävle högskola (University of Gävle)
• Göteborgs universitet (Goteborg University)
• Gymnastik- och idrottshögskolan (Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences)
• Handelshögskolan i Stockholm (Stockholm School of Economics)
• Halmstad Högskola (Halmstad University)
• Högskolan Dalarna (Dalarna University)
• Högskolan i Skövde (University of Skövde)
• Högskolan Kristianstad (Kristianstad University)
• Högskolan Väst (University West)
• Högskolan i Borås (The Swedish School of Library and Information Science)
• Högskolan i Gävle (University of Gävle)
• Jonkoping Universitet (Jonkoping University)
• Karlstad Universitet (Karlstad University)
• Karolinska Institutet (Karolinska Institutet)
• Konstfack University College of Arts Crafts and Design
• Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (Royal Institute of Technology)
• Läkemedelsverket (Swedish Medical Products Agency)
• Linköpings universitet (Linköpings universitet)
• Linnéuniversitetet (Linnaeus University)
• Luleå tekniska universitet (Luleå University of Technology)
• Lunds Universitet (Lunds University)
• Mälardalens högskola (Mälardalen University College)
• Malmö Högskola (Malmö University)
• Mittuniversitetet (Mid Sweden University)
• Örebro universitet (Orebro University)
• Skolforskningsinstitutet (Swedish Centre for Educational Research)
• Skolverket (Swedish National Agency for Education)
• Socialstyrelsen (National Board of Health and Welfare)
• Södertörn Högskola (Södertörn University)
• Sophiahemmet Högskola (Sophiahemmet University College)
• Specialpedagogiska Skolmyndigheten (National Agency for Special Needs Education and Schools)
• Statens Skolverk (National Agency For Education)
• Statens väg- och transportforskningsinstitut (Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute)
• Stockholm International Peace Research Institut
• Stockholms Universitet (University of Stockholm)
• Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences)
• Totalförsvarets Forskningsinstitut (Swedish Defence Research Agency)
• Umeå Universitet (Umeå Universitet)
• Uppsala Universitet (Uppsala Universitet)