If you’re at an institution that’s part of the Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN) you can now get a discount to publish your research articles open access in Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journals.
How it works
- Submit your article to an Open Select journal for peer review.
- If it’s accepted for publication, you’ll be asked whether you wish to publish your research open access.
- If you choose open, you can generate an article publishing charge (APC) quote which will automatically include a discount. The standard discount is 25%, although this may rise to as much as 40%, depending on the volume of articles published by researchers at participating institutions.
- Contact your library for information on how payment of APCs is handled at your institution.
- Once published your article will be available for anyone to read, anywhere, forever.
N.B. When generating your open access quote please make sure that you tell us you’re based at one of the participating institutions (see below), so that we know you’re entitled to a discount.
Find out more about publishing your research open access with Taylor & Francis.
Which journals does this discount apply to?
The discounted APCs will be applied to open access articles published in Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journals. However, our medical journals are excluded from this discount agreement.
What discount am I entitled to?
The discount that will be applied to the APC depends on uptake of the scheme each year but it will be at least 25% and may be as high as 40%.
Can I make my article open access, using this discount, after it’s been published?
Yes, if you would like to make a previously published article open access, you can do so using this discount. However, please speak to your library to confirm whether it is eligible for open access funding.
Which institutions are part of this agreement?
- Acadia University
- Algoma University
- Athabasca University
- Bishop’s University
- Brandon University
- Brock University
- Cape Breton University
- Capilano University
- Carleton University
- Concordia University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Dalhousie University
- Ecole de technologie superieure
- Ecole Des Hautes Etudes (HEC)
- Ecole nationale d’administration publique
- Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
- Grant MacEwan University
- Institut national de la recherche scientifique
- King’s University College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Mount Allison University
- Mount Royal University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nipissing University
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University
- Ontario College of Art & Design
- Queen’s University
- Royal Military College of Canada
- Royal Roads University
- Ryerson University
- Saint Francis Xavier University
- Saint Marys University
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trent University
- Trinity Western University
- Universite de Moncton
- Universite de Montreal
- Universite de Sherbrooke
- Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi
- Universite du Quebec a Montreal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Universite du Quebec en Outaouais
- Universite Laval
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Guelph
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Manitoba
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Toronto
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- University of Windsor
- University of Winnipeg
- Vancouver Island University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University