Corresponding authors based at participating institutions in Finland are now eligible to publish open access in Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journals at no cost to the author.
A ‘read and publish’ agreement between Taylor & Francis Group and FinELib consortium, combines continued access to Taylor & Francis and Routledge journals with the opportunity to publish a set number of articles open access during the agreement period, until the end of 2022.
What should I do to make my research open access?
You don’t need to do anything. All new research meeting the requirements below will automatically be considered for open access publication under this agreement. If funding for your article is approved by your institution, you will receive an email asking you to choose a Creative Commons License. You will have the opportunity to select either CC BY (recommended by the FinELib-consortium) or CC BY-NC-ND. Find out about Creative Commons licenses.
What are the requirements?
To be eligible, articles must:
- Be original research articles. Other types of paper, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this agreement.
- Be accepted for publication between June 3 2020 and December 31 2022.
- Have a corresponding author based at one of the participating Finnish institutions (see below).
- Be published in a Taylor & Francis or Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journal that has a standard article publish charge or in Annals of Medicine. Use our open access options finder to explore the full list of Open Select titles.
- Not exceed the amount of articles allocated for each participating institution.
Which publishing license will apply?
FinELib consortium strongly recommends the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) which many funders (for example the Academy of Finland) require. You will have the opportunity to select either CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND. Find out about Creative Commons licenses.
Which institutions are part of this agreement?
- Aalto University
- Abo Akademi University
- Diaconia University of Applied Sciences
- Finnish Environment Institute
- Finnish Patent and Registration Office
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- National Land Survey of Finland
- Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Tampere University including Tampere University Hospital and Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- University of Eastern Finland including Kuopio University Hospital
- University of Helsinki including Helsinki University Central Hospital
- University of Jyvaskyla
- University of Lapland
- University of Turku including Turku university central hospital
- University of Vaasa
Please contact the library at your own institution for further details.
FinELib website: Open Access Publishing in Taylor & Francis Journals
Want to find out more about making your research open access? Read everything you need to know about publishing open access with Taylor & Francis.