This is thanks to a centrally-funded scheme organized by the Swedish Bibsam consortium to cover open access article publishing charges (APCs).
You don’t need to do anything. All new research published in Taylor & Francis Open Select journals, with a corresponding author based at a qualifying Swedish institution, will automatically be considered for open access publication under this agreement. If funding for your article is approved, you will receive an email asking you to choose a Creative Commons License.
When you publish your article gold open access, it is made freely available online, allowing anyone, anywhere to read your research. This means you can benefit from:
To be eligible for funding, the corresponding author must be based at a participating institution within the Bibsam consortium (see below), and be publishing a paper in a Taylor & Francis or Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journal. The article will need to be accepted for publication after 1 January 2021.
If the journal has additional costs, such as page charges or color charges, these fees will still apply and will not be covered by the agreement.
Some articles which are not original research papers, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this open access publishing agreement.
Yes, Bibsam and Taylor & Francis have agreed a maximum number of open access articles to be published for each year of this partnership. Please be aware that this limit might therefore be reached before the end of a year, at which point the open access publishing element of the agreement will be paused until the beginning of the following year. However, even if the article allocation is reached, individual institutions may still have funds to continue supporting OA publishing. Please talk to your library for further details.
• Blekinge Tekniska Högskola (Blekinge Institute of Technology)
• Chalmers tekniska högskola (Chalmers University of Technology)
• Ersta Skondal Bracke högskola (Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University)
• Folkhälsomyndigheten (Public Health Agency of Sweden)
• Försvarshögskolan (Swedish Defence University)
• Gävle högskola (University of Gävle)
• Göteborgs universitet (Goteborg University)
• Gymnastik- och idrottshögskolan (Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences)
• Handelshögskolan i Stockholm (Stockholm School of Economics)
• Halmstad Högskola (Halmstad University)
• Högskolan Dalarna (Dalarna University)
• Högskolan i Skövde (University of Skövde)
• Högskolan Kristianstad (Kristianstad University)
• Högskolan Väst (University West)
• Högskolan i Borås (The Swedish School of Library and Information Science)
• Högskolan i Gävle (University of Gävle)
• Jonkoping Universitet (Jonkoping University)
• Karlstad Universitet (Karlstad University)
• Karolinska Institutet (Karolinska Institutet)
• Konstfack University College of Arts Crafts and Design
• Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (Royal Institute of Technology)
• Läkemedelsverket (Swedish Medical Products Agency)
• Linköpings universitet (Linköpings universitet)
• Linnéuniversitetet (Linnaeus University)
• Luleå tekniska universitet (Luleå University of Technology)
• Lunds Universitet (Lunds University)
• Mälardalens högskola (Mälardalen University College)
• Malmö Högskola (Malmö University)
• Mittuniversitetet (Mid Sweden University)
• Örebro universitet (Orebro University)
• RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB
• Skolforskningsinstitutet (Swedish Centre for Educational Research)
• Skolverket (Swedish National Agency for Education)
• Socialstyrelsen (National Board of Health and Welfare)
• Södertörn Högskola (Södertörn University)
• Sophiahemmet Högskola (Sophiahemmet University College)
• Specialpedagogiska Skolmyndigheten (National Agency for Special Needs Education and Schools)
• Statens Skolverk (National Agency For Education)
• Statens väg- och transportforskningsinstitut (Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute)
• Stockholm International Peace Research Institut
• Stockholms Universitet (University of Stockholm)
• Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences)
• Totalförsvarets Forskningsinstitut (Swedish Defence Research Agency)
• Umeå Universitet (Umeå Universitet)
• Uppsala Universitet (Uppsala Universitet)
Read our quick guide to open access publishing definitions here.