If you’re a researcher based at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, the University Libraries have made funds available to help you take advantage of the benefits of publishing in Taylor & Francis Open journals:
“Sharing research through open access provides benefits for authors (greater reach and use of their works), for UNLV (showcasing the research scholarship to potential students and faculty), and to the public, lawmakers, non-profit organizations, and small businesses by ensuring that research that could impact their decisions is available to them.”
– UNLV University Libraries
How it works
UNLV authors can now apply for support to publish in Taylor & Francis fully open access journals. This new pilot, part of the UNLV Open Article Fund, assists with the payment of article publishing charges (APCs) to make your work open access.
From submission, through to the point your article is accepted for publication in an open access journal, you can apply for up to $1,500 open access publishing support. APCs for all articles supported by the UNLV Open Article Fund are also discounted by 5%.
Make your application by completing the form on the UNLV Open Article Fund website or go straight to the fund application form.
Who can apply for funding?
To be eligible to request support you must:
- Be UNLV tenured or tenured track faculty (Law School faculty are not eligible). Students are not eligible to apply at this time.
- Not have received an award from the Fund in the last 12 months.
- Not already have grant funding to make your research articles open access.
Which articles are eligible for funding?
To qualify, articles must be:
- Either ready for submission, submitted, or accepted for publication. Articles already published and articles still being drafted are not eligible.
- Submitted for publication in a fully open access Taylor & Francis journal. The Fund does not cover articles to be published in hybrid journals.
- A full research article. The Fund does not cover books, book chapters, magazine articles, or other types of publications.
For more details and to apply for funding please visit the UNLV Open Article Fund website or go straight to the fund application form.
How can publishing open access benefit you?
When you publish your article gold open access, it is made freely available online, allowing anyone, anywhere to read your research. This means you can benefit from:
- Increased visibility: No barriers to readership means researchers worldwide can read and cite your research.
- Greater impact: Your research will be accessible to policymakers, practitioners and professionals in your field. Your open access article could be used to inform and develop public policy, be read by the general public, or be picked up by the media.
- More freedom: Publishing under a CC-BY license means you can share your research across your networks, including social media.
- Improved discoverability: Many of our journals are indexed in internationally-recognized citation and abstract databases, including the Journal Citation Report (JCR), Scopus, and PubMed, increasing the likelihood of your work being found and read by your colleagues.
- Robust peer review: All accepted papers will undergo a thorough and robust peer review process, where each manuscript is objectively and constructively evaluated on its scholarly merit and integrity.
Read our quick guide to open access publishing definitions.
Discover our full portfolio of Open journals at Taylor & Francis Online.