500-1000 words (included in overall word count).
To distinguish the articles published in the Expert Collection (Expert Review and Expert Opinion) series, authors must provide an additional section entitled ‘Expert Opinion’. This section affords authors the opportunity to provide their interpretation of the data presented in the article and discuss the developments that are likely to be important in the future, and the avenues of research likely to become exciting as further studies yield more detailed results. The intention is to go beyond a conclusion and should not simply summarize the paper.
Authors should answer the following:
1. What are the key findings and weaknesses in the research done in this field so far?
2. What potential does this research hold? What is the ultimate goal in this field?
3. What research or knowledge is needed to achieve this goal and what is the biggest challenge in this goal being achieved?
4. Where do you see the field going in the coming years? What is going to happen?
5. Is there any particular area of the research you are finding of interest at present?
Please note that ‘opinions’ are encouraged in the Expert Opinion section, and, as such, referees are asked to keep this in mind when peer-reviewing the manuscript.