Special Terms for Authors & Researchers (STAR) is a unique Taylor & Francis initiative developed to provide authors and researchers in emerging regions with free access to articles from our leading international and regional journals across subject areas.
Register for STAR today
Once activated, the offer will be tied to your account and stay valid for remaining allowances any time you log back into your account.
What you need to know
- Those in eligible countries can register for one voucher, per person, per year (check if STAR is available in your region).
- Register using the button above. Once registered, your access will be automatically applied to your account – you’ll then be able to start browsing the millions of articles on Taylor & Francis Online for free.
- Every time you read an article for free, you’ll be shown your remaining allowances.
- Your free access will expire after the 50th article or 12 months after registration.
- You will be able to request more accesses if you run out.
STAR enables researchers to:
- Enrich findings and update references
- Achieve higher levels of article acceptance
- Participate and contribute to debate in the worldwide academic community
- Undertake research in emerging countries
Researching and preparing your work for submission can be challenging for authors and researchers who have fewer opportunities, whether financial, technological, or otherwise, to access journals – this is where STAR comes in.
Dissemination and access: initiatives for authors wherever they are in the world
Taylor & Francis, a founder member of Publishers for Development, is committed to the widest possible distribution of its journals to non-profit institutions in developing countries.
We’re involved in a number of initiatives that aim to increase the dissemination of research from emerging nations, and to bring these articles to the global academic community.
Through agreements with worldwide organizations, academics and researchers in more than 110 countries can access vital research material, at greatly reduced or no cost. Some of the initiatives we are involved with include:
- Research 4 Life
- INASP (International Network for Availability of Scientific Publications)
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities Low Cost Journals Scheme
- Journal Donation Project